A contract is an agreement creating obligations enforceable by law. The basic elements of a contract are mutual assent, consideration, capacity, and legality. Possible remedies for breach of contract include general damages, consequential damages, reliance damages, and specific performance.
The Las Vegas contract lawyers at Steve Dixon Law are skilled advisers in many areas of contracts law. Each contracts attorney has extensive experience drafting and negotiating contractual agreements for a wide range of professionals, businesses, and individuals. At Steve Dixon Law, our contract lawyers also represent clients in matters over agreement disputes through contract litigation.
The attorneys of Steve Dixon Law have the skill and experience to draft and review contracts on behalf of small, mid-size and large businesses, all of which demand the superior quality offered by our firm. With laser sharp focus, we provide our clients with the information they need to enter into contracts fully aware of their rights and obligations.
At Steve Dixon Law, we have years of experience handling Las Vegas, Nevada, and other contract matters for individuals and businesses throughout the State. We handle business-to-business contracts, employment contracts, real estate contracts and others. We can assist you with:
- Contract drafting – when drafting a contract, we will receive input from both parties and strive to write a contract that meets the needs of our client.
- Contract review – our attorneys can review a contract for inconsistencies and unacceptable clauses before you accept it.
- Contract negotiation – we can negotiate the terms of a contract to assure your interests are protected.
- Contract litigation – in addition to negotiation, we litigate breach of contract issues and other contract dispute matters.
Breach of Contract
A contract case usually comes before a judge because one or both parties claim that the contract was breached. A breach of contract is a failure, without legal excuse, to perform any promise that forms all or part of the contract.
If one party to a contract does not live up to its side of the bargain, that is known as breach of contract, and the other party can sue for any damages that resulted from the breach. These damages are not necessarily physical. They can also include profits lost on sales that fell through and time wasted in waiting for deliveries that did not arrive as promised.
Breach of contract is a fairly common occurrence in the world of business, and happens for various reasons. At Steve Dixon Law, our contract attorneys represent clients in all types of breach of contract cases, including:
- Failure to pay for a product or services
- Failure to deliver a product or services
- Missed deadlines
- Failure to meet the terms of a secondary agreement, such as a lease, mortgage or loan document
- Disputes over terms in the contract
- Disputes between partners or workers
- Work stoppages
The Las Vegas contracts attorneys at Steve Dixon Law have years of experience handling contract disputes on behalf of both individuals and businesses, including claims for:
- Breach of commercial lease
- Breach of employment contract
- Breach of services contract
- Breach of supplier contract
- Breach of buy-sell contract
- Breach of asset-purchase contract
- Breach of licensing contract
- Breach of franchise contract
- Breach of entertainment contract
- Breach of construction contract
- Breach of loan agreement
- Collection of business debts
Another option we offer our business clients, when available, is to submit their contract dispute to mediation, arbitration, or other alternative dispute resolution procedure. Often a confidential, inexpensive, and agreeable resolution can be reached through ADR, allowing the parties to continue transacting business with each other on favorable items.
If you are looking to enforce a contract or defend yourself against a contract dispute, you need aggressive representation by an experienced lawyer at Steve Dixon Law. Contact our office today at (702) 329-4911 for a free consultation.